UCM Safety Program Overview
The goal of the UCM Safety and Health Program is to provide a safe work environment for all employees, subcontractors and the general public while engaging in work-related activities on the job site. In order to reach such a goal, UCM has a comprehensive safety program in place to help provide the framework for success of this program. On each construction project job site, the site superintendent is accountable to management for the successful achievement of targeted company safety and health goals. Project safety and health goals for United Contractors Midwest, Inc. are as follows:
- Zero fatalities or serious injuries.
- Prevention of damage or destruction to company property or equipment.
- Increased productivity through education of injuries.
- Reduced worker's compensation costs.
- Enhanced company's image by working safely.
- Keep safety a paramount part of the worker's daily activities.
- Recognize and reward safe work practices.
- Improve morale and productivity.